Thursday, September 29, 2005

New Year, New Hopes

Just celebrated my 26th birthday a week back.. =)

As a usual practice, I would review all I've accomplished for the year and see what I can do to end the year with a bang. (Interestingly, September 22 is the 265th day of the year, and there's 100 days to go before the day ends. I din count it, got the info from Wikipedia.) This is also the time when I birth off new visions and dreams, or make new commitments to improve myself. This is more like a new year for me than 1 Jan. =P

I remember God asking me the morning of my birthday, what I want (to see) for this new year, and I told God, let this year be one of growth and breakthrough. And I also remember Pst Kong teaching us the importance of writing our visions down, so, here I am, blogging down my visions for the new year, so I know for sure what I going to break through in. =p
Where there is no vision, the people perish. (Pro 29:18a, KJV)
Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. (Hab 2:2b, NKJV)

My long time vision is to become a singer and song writer for God. It doesn't have to be a full-time profession (though I'll be happy if I can live off music), and it doesn't have to be all spiritual. I want to bring the lessons I have learnt to this world that we live in and shed some light in their lives.

In S'pore, we do not yet have a pop group that's made it big. So why not start with June and I? June's my favourite singer and she does an incredible job at singing, and I can write songs and I can sing (not that incredibly, but still OK I guess).

I know this sounds outrageously incredible, but why not? God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us (Eph 3:20). I just need to have the faith for it, and start acting upon my faith! =) I've already laid out plans to do vocal training and song writing each night after I come home, and I'm gonna make sure I stick to it!

Think one major problem I have to correct this year is laziness. I feel totally drained after a full day's work, and I don't feel like doing much when I get home. If I keep doing nothing, I'll accomplish nothing. So this year, I'm going to draw on strength from above and challenge myself to start the other half of my life when I get home.

I know many of us have goals that we want to accomplish but have yet to. There's still 100(-7) days left, let all end the year with a bang! 加油! =)

And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. (Heb 6:11-12, NKJV)

PS: I've attached some photos of my birthday celebrations with my family and cell-group. I love you guys! =)

My family at dinner (celebrating my 1st bro and my bday)

My cell group (with my cake and bullet proof vest =p)

Added a photo of our celebration at my office. My CEO's born just a day after me. =P

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Yup! Jia you jia you jia you!& Work towards your dreamz! You can de! =P
This post is pretty motivating for me!
Hmm,i shld really think about what I want for myself in life, what will my goals and dreams be...Honestly, I really dunno abt it at all. Even till this point of time.Just letting time passes each day. I still remember I used to dream a lot abt what I want my future to be but sad to say, everything seems to fade away when I grew older each day. I'm really in a pretty can't-be-bother mentality..too lazy and reluctant to think about it..because it seems so unachievable with difficult and tiring process..really turns me off and make it seem so nice to just rot..
It's pretty sad to see ppl always talking abt all this while you've none to say so..I will change! I will and I must! Hmm, you take care and must not tou lan okie? Hope to hear abt ur progress soon! Ciaoz.

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm should not be posting this here but i just read 1 post about your dream about singing and stuff?
lol

think got this verse
if u lust after the lord, he will give u your heart desire.

hope u know wad i mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home