Friday, May 18, 2007

Up Against Serious Opposition

Hey, guess what? I only worked 2 days this week. More accurately, I went to work for 2 days this week, and spent another 2 working at home.

I had a total of 3 days of MC this week, on 2 separate accounts, courtesy of a terrible strain of the flu virus.

It started on Monday, just a day after I wrote the previous entry. Went to see the doc, (had to wait for 2 hours,) and he decided that it was so bad that it warranted a 2 day mc. The first day, I had fever and headaches so bad that it kept me awake in the day and through the night. I had to take my medication at 8 hour intervals, but the medicine wears off in 3 short hours, leaving me in agony for the rest of the 5 hours. Terrible ordeal.

After my 2 day mc, my throat infection didn't get any better; it just got worse.

So early this morning I went to see the doctor again (after I exhausted my antibiotics), and had another day's mc. The doc gave me stronger medication this time round; medicine that made my stomach churn and gave me bad diarrhea every time I consumed it. Sigh.

Guess I'm on the verge of doing something really revolutionary, and "someone" isn't too happy about it. No matter, he can try, but we'll always win in the end. We're more than conquerors in Christ! :)

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17, NKJV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home