Monday, October 03, 2005

Happy Birthday Drrsk!

Today's my brother, Jinrui's (aka Drrsk) 21st birthday! =)

He's decided to keep it toned down, so we had a private celebration with a slice of mint chocolate cake. (Actually, we already celebrated his birthday at the same birthday lunch celebration as mine since our birthdays are so close).

He's one of the most intellectual guy in the family, with the best academic port folio, and he simply loves to read. He's read so many books that I think he might have read 2 to 3 times more books than I have in my life (or maybe more?). He's the funny fella in the family, and he's always playing around with words. Man, you really have to speak to him yourself to understand the seriousness of it... Haha... =P He's really great at imitating people too... Should try out his Yoda speak or his I-ta_lian accent... He'll really impress you with his Kung-Powness too... =P

Anyway, here's wishing him a great year ahead and all the best for his studies and his other future endeavours! May true joy and happiness follow him in the years ahead!

Oh yes, btw, he's called the Drrsk also. Pretty interesting how this name came about. I nicknamed him after a shampoo brand (Dearie Shampoo) cos I thought Dearie was a nice nickname to give my dear brother (the only one I had at that time), and he was cute and such a dear. This soon evolved to be Dearea (less sissy name) and then eventually shrunk to Drr by my dad. The additional "sk" was only added in recent times to make the name sound more cool (think was added by Drrsk). In fact, all of our nicknames have an sk added to it. =)

So, I'm the Gorsk (they call me Gor at home since I'm the eldest brother), next in line, my sis (Peixin) is called Zehsk (for the same reason), then comes the Drrsk, and then the Bibsk (Jinyi). Even my dad and mum are called Barsk (for Ba) and Marsk (for Ma). Occasionally we would swap the sk for "gee" (think it was my sis's way of addressing us). So I'm sometimes called Gor-Gee. Interestingly, my rabbit's name also follows this pattern, he's called Tu-Gee, or sometimes Tu-sk (Tu for 兔, Rabbit). Lately, he's been affectionately called 老黑 (Lao-Hei). (He's a black Lionhead Lop btw).

Jinyi was called Yi-Gu-Bei (Bei for 宝贝) initially by my dad and this somehow evolved into Yi-Gu and then to Bib-Ku, and then shortened to Bib. And like the rest of us, he's named Bibsk now.

Anyway, here's the whole family potrait (we used our favourite street fighter characters to represent us). From left to right (and in chronological order): my dad, my mum, me, Peixin, Jinrui, and Jinyi. And right next to Jinyi is none other than June. =P


Hope you enjoyed the little trivia about my family. I love my family, really enjoy spending time with you guys! Thanks for being there always for me, and thanks for all the wonderful moments we have shared in meals, jokes, games and other events big and small. You've brightened up my life and really made my life wonderful... =)

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! (Ps 133:1, NKJV)

5 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger peixin2203 said...

Gorsk, u're simply the best! :) Very funny er!!! :p I like the Kun Pow-ness n I_Ta_lian way of talking that Drr will always imitate! Haha...

U take good care yah and looking forward to more postings!

:D Love, Zehsk

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger peixin2203 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Wow! You certainly have got an interesting family...so nice,warmy and sweet..aww.. Hmm, i'm envious! haha..How i wish i can have one like yours too but it seems too impossible...nvm long complicated story...oh well... Maybe thats also why i cherish my spiritual family even more...hmm

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

jinghong! these names sounded so russian! u know last time in primary school my best friend gave me a name like this too! - YSKWT
and hers is YSKW. So cute ya? hehhehe

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More on The Family-sk

Ze zames zound zwussian? Zits zarst zow zit zeems zi zuess... haha... It's just adding a -sk to our apparently 'normal' names.. hee.. Kinda makes it 'complete' and sound more like similiar. Machiam like a family identity.

These names have kinda stuck to us lor. It's really good as it allows us to call each other in a simple, informal way. Calling your brother using his name feels weird. More importantly, when you see an internet sms starting with 'yo the drrsk', you know who's sending it to you. haha..

We do have our own unique language too, used in a code completely undecipherable by many. Ask him about 'nam', 'shor kee', 'gu zhoww', 'hjh', 'ypj','pcb'... lots. haha... Some learn dialects, we form our own code. =P

We even have our own ficticious family for us to poke fun and joke about. Complete with their history, their ancestors, distant relatives, special characteristics, even special powers. They even have their own island made of some special material which shall not be disclosed. And they too have a certain catchphrases, or rather a unique way of saying things.

They have been a source of much fun and laughter for me and my younger brother through our early years, and still continue to be part of our lives. Now it's expanding to include the Gorsk. Wonder if it'll reach global domination... haha.

Anyway, if any of you have noticed, we have made our mark on msn yet again, personalising it with unique animated gifs. Besides the Street Fighter favourites, we also have lots of other gifs we find significant and/or funny to us. Heh.

Unique family? Unique-sk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home