Thursday, October 06, 2005

Mobile Blogging

Some of you might be wondering why my blogs are always back dated right? =P Well... I write my blogs on the go on my pda (which I acquired as a birthday present for myself), and upload it to my pc afterwards (when I have the time to).

This is how my pda looks like. It's a Handspring Visor Edge, extremely stylish, thin and light-weight, and best of all this device serves my purposes for a pda. I've been wanting one of these to maximise my time, and make my travelling time more productive, and this device does just that. I've been using it to read my Bible, read my ebooks (I love to read), and of course to record my sermon notes, my blogs and other matters. (There are other features to help organise my life better, but haven't exactly been using those yet.)

Bought this pda, 2nd hand, at just $50. In the same month that I bought this pda, there were 2 other prior sale offers for this device at $100 and $70. The $70 offer was made just a week prior to my purchase and I think I would have gladly paid $70 for it if I had decided to look for one just a week earlier. (In fact, the $50 offer came on the very same day I decided to look for it!) Thank God for the savings, and the correct timing. =)

Been wanting to get a pda for a couple of years, and had nearly bought one on a couple of occasions, but I felt uncomfortable buying it, it was like God telling me, "Nope, not yet", so I delayed my purchase until now. On hind sight, this was a better deal, cos the other pdas won't have suited my needs as much, and won't look as good.

This purchase is a part of my "shopping spree" lately. I've been getting really good offers for things that I've been wanting for years, things that I really have need for. And the best part of it is they come with savings between $20 to a couple of hundred even. These savings come just in time for this building season, so praise God for them! =)

Indeed God is never late, and God makes everything beautiful in His time. We just have to keep trusting God and see our plans unfold before us as God works His beauty, in His time.

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. ... He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. (Ecc 3:1, 11 NKJV)

Here's a picture of my work/blogging station.

This is where I create my music too. The music keyboard you see in the picture is directly connected to my pc (on the far left bottom corner of the picture), and the whole setup is networked with my notebook. My pc is controlled from my notebook, so it doesn't have a keyboard, mouse or monitor (saves space...). Everything is in a nice cool black. =P

Btw, I'm using a trackball for my notebook, bought it recently too, for $10 (typically would cost about $30). Been wanting one for like 6 years? =P

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

Jinghong, i certainly agree with u that everything works beautiful in God's time. The verse u put here is a verse that's so close to my heart. i've been meditating on it whenver i feel down.

No matter what, God is with me. Your PDA is so beautifully red. hahha... keep writing your revelations, testimonies and feelings ya. Doesn't matter if they are backdated ;op

 

Post a Comment

<< Home