Monday, December 12, 2005

Random Thoughts at 2am

It's 2am in the morning. Woke up at 12:30am, and couldn't get to sleep after that. A lot of things's been on my mind lately, and it's been a while since I wrote anything, so I guess I'll put some of my thoughts here, share parts of my life here, take my mind off matters, and perhaps catch some sleep when I'm done. =)

(When I started my blog, I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings, didn't want this to be all spiritual food. Cos life is about balance, we're all spirit beings living a natural life. =))

It's been a horrendously busy period for me, and it does get a bit draining at times. I'm juggling between 3 projects right now, and I've been working non-stop since I arrive at the office, and all the way til the end of the day.

It's a constant struggle against the flesh to keep working. The temptation to "relac a while" and "zuo bo" is really great, but I understand this is not the way God wants me to work, so I've been fighting it off. I asked for growth and breakthrough, so this stretching is a natural part of it I guess. :P

We're all human, and we constantly struggle with this thing called our flesh. Many a times we need to discipline our flesh to do what our mind wants to do. For me this means working hard at work, and still sticking to my planned schedule for my after work programme. There's so much I want to do, so I really have to fight off the temptation to ROC (Army term: relac one corner).

It's not easy, and I've not been too successful with my after work programme. But I know it can be done once you put your heart to it. This is a revelation that I got after reading through the Bible this year. I've tried many years, and I've never finished it in a single year, so this was one of the challenges I commited myself to early this year. Of course the "motivation" helps, but I know for many times, it's this challenge that kept me going on.

So I guess I've to keep pressing on for my after work programme.

Been trying to write songs for a while, and all I've put together are little scraps of many different songs. I know many of these can be expanded on to form a complete song, but it's either I've been distracted by too many ideas and not focusing on one, or I've not spent enough time thinking through what I've wanted to write. Perhaps I just don't know where to start. I don't really know. The inability to produce gets a little disheartening at times, and it's not a nice feeling at all.

OKies, time to Zzz... See you all soon... =)

Next service is going to be a candlelight service. Never had one of these before, I'm sure it's going to be special. Going to ask my friends to come join us for this. I'm sure it's going to be good. Service's always has been... ;)

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. (Tit 2:11-14, NKJV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home