Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Random Thoughts at 2am (Part 2)

This is a day earlier than my intended blog entry - I'm writing this just before sending my sis off to the airport for a flight to the US - And yes, once again it's 2 am. I seem to have developed this habit of of waking up at 2 am and not getting back to sleep again. I kinda like 2 ams in the morning. It's quiet, most people have already been snoozing for a couple of hours at least, and there's no handphones ringing, or even handphone emitted radio waves flying around. It's quiet, and I like it.

Once again, I'm strangely awake, and my mind is clear. No troubles of the day to disturb me, no stress of the day to pressure me. It's a time when I can communicate freely with God, and also with myself. To put down the things that inspire me, to reflect upon the things I want to accomplish. Strangely, thinking about these issues in the day could be quite burdensome. There's so much to do, so many choices to make, and many a times, I find that I'm not moving entirely cos I couldn't choose which route to take. I know for sure I can only tread down one path, so I really have to choose carefully.

I probably have been trying to do too many things at once, and maybe also distracted by many things that have come my way. I really need to focus and prune away time spent on matters outside of my primary focus. I've already prune away much of my miscellaneous activities, and I'm trying to see if I can prune away more. I guess this is what focus calls for. I guess, my twice a week blogging might have to become once a week blogging, or maybe even less. But I'd better make sure I've exchanged this time for sometime more worthy.

Well... Back to 2am... I like it nice and quiet... I might keep a habit of waking up at 2am from now, we'll see how things go... :)

My best wish now is to have a totally sound proof room, so I can do a proper quiet time, and also to record the inspirations that come to me. There are many a times when I want to record down something, or maybe just jam a bit on my guitar, without worrying that my neighbour will start throwing their dog at me. :P

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Heb 11:6, NKJV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home