Monday, June 25, 2007

Woohoo!

Posted this entry the first moment I got it!

I've gotten a major pay increment of 20%! Now my current pay is quite close to the $3.2K that I've been asking for in my job applications!

Really thank God for the increment. June and I have been struggling with our finances since a long time back, and our polite negotiations with our bosses for increments had been turned down many times. We tried once earlier this year, but to no avail.

Earlier this month, I had a major "argument" with my bosses regarding my pay. (In case any of you are wondering, I wasn't nasty; I was just very strong, firm and truthful. For more details on this, please read the earlier post "Bittersweet Goodbye".) I was thinking, "Well... I'm going anyway... Nothing to lose... No harm telling them we've been shortchanged in our remuneration for quite a long time already... At least after I go, they'll appreciate the remaining staff a little more, and perhaps pay them a little better so the people won't keep slipping away..." (Two of my colleagues left earlier this month, one left for another company, another didn't want to renew his contract.)

Guess what? My bosses decided to up our salaries across the board this morning! Talk about impacting the marketplace! :D There are many smiles in the office today, and the atmosphere isn't gloomy anymore. It feels so much better working in a happy environment, where everyone's morale is high. Really motivates me to work harder. :)

I do not claim sole credit for this increment though. I know many of my colleagues have expressed dissatisfaction with their pay to our bosses for a while too, but I do know that I've had a part to play in this, and I'm really happy that my actions have brought positive benefit to my colleagues, or rather, I'll like to refer to them as my friends and war buddies. :P

To my colleagues who are reading this, you guys are the sole reason I have not yet left. You have made a huge difference in both the lives of June and I. We love you guys!

OKies, time to work!
がんばってください! (Gambatte Kudasai!)

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. (Eph 3:20, NLT)

3 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

congratulations Jinghong...... i am happy for you.......as a working adult...... really understand the importance of pay increment.......and joy of getting it :o)

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger olenju said...

YES!!!!!!!!! Praise God. :D I am so happy for you and June really!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger garang01 said...

steady bro! God is really moving for both you and June!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home