Sunday, July 22, 2007

Farewell My Friends

This has been one of the most difficult blog entry to write for me perhaps. This is the final goodbye from me, to my old company and everyone there. Thanks for the memories, and everything I've learnt. Here's the photos from our farewell dinner at Nirai-Kanai Okinawan Restaurant on the 15th of July. :)




I know my departure would mean a shortage of manpower, to the already very short pool. As much as I would have loved to help, I can't. I now have a family to feed, and I cannot do as I like when I was single. Even if I have to go hungry, my wife cannot go hungry.

Moving on wasn't as easy as everyone probably would have thought. This is, after all, the place I grew up in. I've had many memories here, memories of every shape and size...

I know I might not have lived up to everyone's expectations, but I did give it my best shot. I kinda screwed up the sales position that I took up, but I take comfort in the fact that I stepped up to the position at a time they needed it. The sales position was so demanding that I could not do any of my programming work at the same time, and guess what? The delivery got delayed and I scored another own goal... Haha... So much for trying to help...

Anyhow, I've done up everything that my boss told me to do for my handover and I even did up a few extra user guides for some of the past projects that I've done so whoever's taking over would have an easier time. I didn't have to do it, but I did it anyhow. The last project that I did wasn't complete (the customers still had things to add), so I didn't do up the documentation (I wasn't told to do it anyway). Everything else is there, and I can sleep peacefully at night knowing I don't owe anyone anything... :)

I would just like to end off with a thought. If you feel that the grass is greener on the other side, either take a brave step to explore the other side, or start watering your side. Doing nothing and hoping things would turn out for the better needs nothing short of a miracle. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home