Monday, June 25, 2007

A Tribute to June

Been wanting to write a tribute to June,
But wandering words just can't justify (her loveliness).
So singing here I am with my little tune,
Hoping something will come out soon.


OKies... That's just an excuse... :P I'm late in writing this tribute for her on her birthday, but guess late is better than never. :) (I've already written a little something for her on her birthday, but that's private, and if you think I'm going to tell you here, you can wait long long... :P)

Well, I guess the most amazing thing about June is her drive for perfection. She know she's not perfect, but she tries to be as perfect as she can be. The perfect wife, the perfect companion, the perfect partner.

It's not easy to live with someone, and I must say I'm not exactly the nicest man on earth to live with. I know I can be petty and sulky on days, and I can get depressed from time to time, and I think the worst thing about me is I can get really messy if left unchecked. All these she has taken in her stride, and I think it's not a very easy thing to do. For one, June is a very organised and merticulous person - her things are always neat and tidy, mine looks like a couple of tornadoes just ran through them. (Well... I'm trying my best to be neat and tidy now...)

There's a lot of accomodating to do living with one another, a lot of give and take. Some things do not come naturally, but she tries her best. There are really much more things than you can imagine really. For example, June is used to watching TV in the dark, but I can't do that because my eyes will hurt against the constrast, so we light up our hall a little when we watch TV. June walks very much faster than me by default, and she makes a concious effort to slow down, while I make a concious effort to speed up *pant pant*.

I think married life has been really wonderful, and I'm really blessed with a wonderful wife... I really think God pampers me a lot... ;)

Of course both of us are going to work on bringing the marriage up to even higher grounds. For me, I guess this means learning to really accept each other for the person they are, learning to honour and respect each other, learning to appreciate and encourage one another, learning to love and to cherish each other.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (1 Cor 13:4-7, NLT)

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger olenju said...

Dear bro... so touching... :)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger SithSlayer said...

Heh.. U are the tornado itself, isn't it?.. =D Hee.. So June is Storm, taking control of the winds... =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home